I was apparently nominated for the “Sunshine Blogger Award”. It’s a good thing I actually read 95% of the passages I like, because WordPress definitely did not notify me that I was tagged in anything. At any rate, the nomination was received from Irina over at Drunken Anime Blog.
All you have to do is answer a couple questions. Sounds easy enough…right?
What is your crazy dream, and what is your sensible dream?
Dream I – Call Me Crazy
- Win a major Powerball or Mega Millions lottery jackpot (because money won is a lot sweeter than money earned, especially when it’s hundreds of millions of dollars)
- Somehow avoid paying taxes on the winnings
In this scenario, it’s something along the lines of at least 300 million USD.
- Set roughly half of the winning’s aside, into the D Money Fund for Charitable Causes. This 150 mil would be used as grant money for nonprofit and/or community based organizations working toward various goals. All applications would be reviewed, of course, but I’d hire people to help with that.
- Pay off my own debt, and that of my family
- Travel around the world to destinations including (but not limited to) Ireland, Poland, Italy (for a second time), Japan, Australia, and Alaska
- Comfortably move to San Antonio, TX or another place with a market for voice acting
- Become a voice actor for anime dubs
- Possibly start up my own anime licensing/distribution firm that focuses on highlighting some of the less-popular genres and smaller studios
- Be able to purchase all of the series I want for my anime collection whenever I want them
- Buy or build a castle somewhere…complete with courtyards, gardens, a surrounding wall, and a couple of watch towers
- Find a way to A) prolong my health/awareness or B) Manipulate time in order to be able to watch literally every anime on my list now, and in the future
Wait…was that actually the craziest dream I have? I mean, winning that kind of money is pretty unrealistic, but that seemed oddly methodical and down-to-earth for a “crazy” dream. Maybe I’m just not that imaginative. Let’s dial it down even further now, though.
Dream II – Achieve a More Perfect Form
- Continue toward a more perfect form by improving this blog/podcast, learning piano, learning ballroom dance, becoming a better cyclist, and actually learning Japanese
- Watch as much anime as possible before I die
- Buy as many physical copies of my favorite series as possible
- Be buried with my collection
Maybe I should elaborate on this one a little bit.
There are three primary reasons I started this podcast and blog.
- My enthusiasm for anime and desire to discuss it with others who enjoy it.
- My desire to merge some of my career skills (radio) with one of my passions (anime, duh). Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be much of a “professional” market for anime talk radio. That’s a shame, but maybe one day I’ll help to be the start of it.
- Improve my writing skillz. I’m more of a speaker than a writer, but I realize the need to write gud and do other stuph good, too. I’m currently a slow writer and a shit typist, but it’s a work in progress.
I want to be the very best. Maybe not like no one ever was, but the very best version of myself that I can be. I realized not too long ago that I’ve been slacking a bit, so I took up piano, blogging, and dance. It helps keep me busy, but almost too busy. It’ll be interesting to see how well I can keep this up down the line. In my ideal dream, though, I find a way.
If you could say anything to one person and be guaranteed they wouldn’t remember it the next day, what would it be? (Extra points if you say to whom…)
Aww man, this seems like the premise for some kind of movie or TV series. I can see someone doing this but backfires somehow. Either the person does remember, or you do it once and it has some crazy unforeseen outcome that you can’t just rewind time to fix. I have to really think this one over carefully. I’ll try to come back to it eventually, but this will have to do for now.
So, yeah. Much like with the “My Reasons Why” post, I’m going to assume that most of the active bloggers I follow have already been invited to take part in this. If you haven’t yet and would like to, feel free to take this one and run with it. I’ll consider either of the above questions fair game for my nomination. I’ll also add one more just for funsies.
You have to go on a major adventure of some kind… Like the world-saving kind. You can bring one individual with you, real or fictional. Who do you bring with you, and why?